Wednesday, April 25, 2012

March/April

Okay, I promise I will get better with this whole updating thing! haha March flew by, but we started it off with a relaxing 5 day vacation to Cabo San Lucas which was amazing! But, even though Cabo was great, the most exciting part of this past month was hearing our baby's heart beat for the first time which was the most BEAUTIFUL sound I have ever heard...I got a little teary-eyed when hearing this amazing sound of what God is doing.   However, the baby is already causing us to rearrange our lives- Robby and I got an awesome deal to go whale watching in Cabo, but unfortunately we couldn't go because you can't be pregnant on the tour with the rough waves.  Oh well, but we are probably going to hold that over the baby's head for quite a while haha (jk). Oh how our lives are NEVER going to be the same!
 Don't worry- my drink was virgin! haha 
 We spent time soaking up the sun and enjoying quality time together.
 We are thinking about permanently moving to the beach...thoughts?


At the end of March we went to Fort Worth for Robby to take his National Counselor Exam- which he passed! (Thanks for all the prayers!)  That is a big stress-er that is now off our plate.  On Saturday, before the test, we wore our orange and participated in the MS Walk which benefited the National Multiple Sclerosis Society.
 We celebrated Gary's birthday while we were in Fort Worth as well.  So blessed that he is a part of our family!
 My mom has a huge hill in front of their house with tons of bluebonnets, so we had to take advantage and take some cheesy pictures!  My hubby is such a great sport, and I appreciate him so very much!
Rachel (my sister-in-law) came down to see us, so of course, I conned her, my mom, & Gary into joining in on the bluebonnet picture taking. 

The very next weekend we were so excited that Robby's mom came to Henderson to celebrate her birthday and Easter with us!
We went out to a yummy Italian restaurant in town and had a blast with our unique waitress while celebrating Robby's mom.  We were so happy that Rachel drove in to join the fun.  On Sunday, we went to church to celebrate that Christ rose from the dead to pay for our sins which allows us everlasting life if we will accept His grace.  Which by the way is so mind-blowing because I for one am a total sinner and deserve nothing, but He loves me and gives me mercy- wow!  After church, we had lunch and then Robby's mom gave us an Easter basket filled with all sorts of goodies.  It was a wonderful weekend of celebration!

My mother-in-law put this gum in my Easter basket which I thought was hilarious!!!
Baby McGowen update:  Here I am at 15 weeks pregnant in the gray and 18 weeks at sonogram ...our baby was very snugly, sleepy, and modest and did not want to show us its private parts.  The technician was so sweet and let us go grab some orange juice (apparently that wakes up a baby?!) and walk around a bit.  When we went back into the room the baby had totally flipped positions so we could see some important information.  The technician wrote the gender in a card and we sealed it and shipped it off to our wonderful baker- Meagan!  We will find out very soon at our gender reveal party if we are having a beautiful baby girl or a very handsome baby boy!  I really have no idea what is growing inside me- I vacillate daily!  For a while I thought I was having a girl because I have been so moody and emotional that I figured there had to be extra estrogen in my body; however, I think that is just called pregnancy! haha

1 comment:

  1. I was completely convinced I was having a boy... so much for intuition haha! But I wouldn't trade our little girl for anything

    ReplyDelete