Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Showered with Love

On July 12th, Robby and I got to see baby Adeline during a sonogram appointment.  It was so crazy to see her little working heart fluttering on the screen and to see her tiny hands move about inside me.  She was laying on her back with her feet above her head almost the whole time- pretty uncomfortable position if you ask me! haha  
I feel like I am starting to get nervous about being a mom- am I going to know what to do when she gets a fever?, will I be able to swaddle her correctly?, will I be able to show her Christ's love?, etc-  I then have to stop myself and realize I am already a fallen parent and the only way to be a successful mom is to bask in God's grace and rely on His strength.  I know I can not do it on my own accord...no matter now many books I read or how prepared/unprepared I feel...
Not that you can really tell from a sono picture, but I think she is going to be stuck with my pointy chin! haha Robby and I wonder about what features from each of us she is going to have...? blonde vs brown hair?  It looks like she has a set of lips on her- which are definitely from her Daddy because mine don't really exist =)  We can't wait to snuggle her up!

 This past Saturday (July 14th), I was showered with love for baby Adeline! 
Two of my dear friends hosted my baby shower (as well as two others who couldn't make it but were very missed!)  I can't express enough how much it meant to me for them to throw this party!  I felt very loved and blessed by the day.  It was such a sweet time to catch up with cherished friends and family.
Katie and Lauren did such a cute job with the whole set up!  Yummy food, beautiful flowers, and adorable decor filled the house.
Everyone signed "Pinkalicious" to Adeline as the guest book which was so thoughtful! There was a table where people could write a blessing, Bible verse or word of encouragement for Addy and attached it to that ribbon ring- loved it!!
Me and my momma!
My sweet sis-in-law and mother-in-law


Robby and I are so SUPER blessed by all the gifts we received from friends and family for Addy.  She will be one happy and loved baby!
Some sweet friends who drove from all over to be at the shower!
My Aunt Marita and Grandmother

Some of the "younger" crowd minus a couple of friends who left before we took this..
After the shower ended, everyone prayed over Robby, Adeline, and me.  It was such an encouraging time, and I felt very loved!
63 days to go...!
I finally finished the dresser and put in fun green shelf paper! Now I just need to wash all her clothes and start filling it up.  If she is anything like her mamma, I'm assuming we will have many wardrobe changes through out the day for being messy- haha!

No comments:

Post a Comment