Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Happy Independence Day America!

Sweet Addy is moving around like a magical jumping bean these days!  I don't know what she is doing, but she seems like she is having a grand ole time playing soccer with my internal organs! haha  I am 30 weeks tomorrow as I write this, and time is starting to get away from me- I need to get my now expanding butt into gear!  Adeline will be here before we know it.
28 Weeks
 This past week we had a fabulous time celebrating July 4th!  It was a super weird holiday being that it took place on a Wednesday, so Robby & I took advantage of it and got off work for the rest of the week.  We drove down to Austin to one of our good friend's parent's lakehouse, and we had a blast!!  Patrick's parents were there, so they spoiled us with tasty home cooked meals.  We all felt like we could be kids again and escape from adulthood for a few days.  As soon as we got there, we jumped into our swimsuits and headed to the pool.  I LOVED being in the water- the ability to feel like you haven't gained tons of weight is wonderful- lol!
 Later that night, we went out on the boat to watch the firework show and had a tasty dessert of homemade vanilla ice cream and peach cobbler- yum yum!!
Thursday, we slapped on some sun screen and went out to soak up some sun on the lake.  Obviously, I didn't want to up-stage everyone by my awesome pregnant wake boarding and tubing skills, so I was a wonderful boat rider instead!  We had awesome conversations and had such a relaxing time with dear friends.  The rest of the day we watched a movie, played domino Chicken Foot, drank margaritas, and just lounged around which was much needed!
Robby resting on the tube before Patrick took him for a spin!


Lake time with the Coddou's is the BEST!


Friday, we left the lake to go spend some quality time with Robby's family.  We met his mom at Central Market for lunch and then headed home to Dripping Springs.  His parents bought me 3 gallons of Blue Bell to tide me over for the weekend- haha!  Robby's Dad smoked a brisket for dinner, and we just hung out the rest of the evening.  Saturday, Diana and I went out and ran some errands while getting good catch-up time in.  When we got back, we went out to Pop's shop and worked on a nursery project.  I am really excited about it and will post pictures of it when it is finished!  That night for dinner we had the biggest and tastiest shrimp I think I have ever had- so scrumptious!
While we were there, his Dad busted out a very nice bottle of single malt scotch (which I personally know nothing about) and had a little tasting party.  Both Robby's parents got to feel Adeline kick in my belly during the weekend which was quite special for them. 
Bailey and Duke in the backyard while the men enjoy their Scotch.
When we got home on Sunday, our crib was waiting on the porch for us!  We decided we had to put it together.  Of course, nothing is ever easy, and we noticed a big scratch on the backside of one of the pieces.  So now, I have to get a replacement part, BUT the crib itself is perfect!  It was very surreal putting it together and having an actual crib in the room.  Only babies sleep in a crib which then means WE are having a baby.  It is starting to become more real...10 weeks to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment