Sunday, September 16, 2012

Window Project for the Nursery

Turning trash into a little treasure!  Another one of my DIY projects for the nursery was to hang Adeline's name from this old window; however, it needed some love.
 First off, we broke the rest of the window panes out, so it would be consistent throughout.  Then, we brushed all the dust off with air and wiped it down with water, so it would be clean, dry and dull.  The base coat of the window was a good enough color for me, so I left it alone.
 Next step was brushing on a layer of crackle to the window so that the blistering magic could happen.  After I let that dry for 2 hours, it was time to put on the blue top coat.  A trick I love to use when painting is to put a rubber band around the can so you have a place to wipe excess paint off your brush.
And then...voila!  Now, I have a rustic chic blue window that is hanging in the nursery.

I cut her name out with scrapbook paper that coordinated with Addy's bedding.  I got into a couple fights with mod podge- it was TOTALLY not being my friend, but I think the project turned out in the end!  And yes, I realize that the window is upside down, but we had already attached the wire backing before we noticed- I prefer it better this way! haha
The window is hanging over her changing table.
Here is what her bedding looks like!  I love the soft but girly colors of the different fabrics!
Now, if only she would come to see her room! 

No comments:

Post a Comment