Monday, March 12, 2012

And I was like baby, baby, baby, ooh

I am PREGNANT- ahhhhhhhhh!  I don't think it has really set in that Robby and I are going to be solely responsible for another human...pretty crazy if you ask me!  I feel like I should have to take a test or something to make sure I am actually qualified for this monumental task! haha  The good thing is that I know God is in control-amen!  So, as Robby said, baby McGowen is due Sept 20th, so I am almost finished with the first trimester- 191 days to go and we could not be more excited about this amazing blessing!  Ahhhhhhhhh! I'm still kind of freaking out in my head.  I feel like my mind just races- will the baby be healthy? am I going to be a good mom? what hospital? blah blah blah.  I just have to stop and take a deep breath and realize this baby is already eating my brain and leave it at that! lol  Stressing over stuff isn't good for baby or mamma!
 The night I told Robby, I was cooking in the kitchen and Robby was like, "wait, I have to get a picture of this." which I replied, "why?" and he responded, "this is the first time you are barefoot, pregnant, and in the kitchen!" haha
Super excited to have a baby!


Telling our parents was such a joy!  We drove down to Austin because Robby had a Dr.'s appointment, and we told his parents that we wanted to have lunch with them.  We may have fibbed a little and told them that we had a belated anniversary gift to give them that was too fragile to ship...this of course was their sweet response when finding out that they are going to be Grandparents!!!
 Telling Robby's parents in person was so priceless that, as we were driving back to Henderson, we decided to take a rather large detour and drive up to Fort Worth to tell my mom and Gary.  We also told them that it was a belated anniversary gift so my mom let Gary open it- it was a delayed response...at first they just thought we got them a stupid picture frame till they both realized that there was something in it! haha Our baby is going to be so blessed to have such fantastic Grandparents on both sides of our family!!
 
Well I have many more baby details to fill you in with, so I will try my best to be better at updating!  YAY! We are having a baby!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment