Sunday, March 11, 2012

My Turn to Contribute-X or Y?

Well, hello everyone…this is my first personal post to the McGowen blog.  As I debated exactly what to write about for my first blog post, I thought about the normal things that people do-interests, hobbies, beliefs, quotes, etc.  However, I didn’t want to talk about any of those things, and I figure, as you continue to read our blog, you will figure those out.  

Drum roll please...I have decided to tell everyone that Marissa and I are having a baby!!!!!  Marissa is sitting here next to me saying, "Fine, you have the joy of telling everyone" :)  I just said yep, "That's how I roll, taking all the credit" hahaha.  I mean I did have a pretty big roll in this whole baby making thing. 

So, let me tell you how it all started-well not the sex part, it isn't that kind of blog lol!  Anyway, I came home from work, and Marissa said that she had a little present for me.  She had it in a gift bag but said that it wasn't a big deal and played it off very well.  As everyone knows, Marissa takes pictures of everything, so when she got the camera out, I didn't think anything about it.  However, little did I know that she had the camera on record and taped my response when she told me that I was going to be a dad!  In the "little gift bag that wasn't a big deal" was a positive pregnancy test and a baby onesie that said "Daddy Loves Me."  I hope that you enjoy the video! (That tricky, wonderful, beautiful wife of mine!)
 
Thank you for sharing in our excitement.  We appreciate all of the people in our life that continue to be an encouragement to us, and we know will one day be an encouragement to our baby. 
Baby McGowen is scheduled to arrive on September 20 and is the size of a lime this week!  I am so excited to be a dad; the Lord has truly shown us favor!  

Robby

No comments:

Post a Comment