Sunday, August 26, 2012

August is flying by...

I can't believe it is already the end of August!  Where is all this time going?!  Adeline is going to be here in less than 4 weeks and my to-do list is still a mile long.  Robby and I did put the car seat in the car today, so I consider that pretty productive!

The weekend of the 11th we went down to Boerne to see my sister and brother-in-law one last time before their baby comes.  On the way we stopped in Liberty Hill to see Robby's grandparents.  It was great to visit with them and show off my belly!
We had a great time with the Wilson's!  Friday night we went out to an Italian restaurant and had a relaxing evening.  Saturday, my sister and I went and got a deluxe pedicure which was glorious!!  Lauren bought us matching nail polish- "cute as a button" so that our toes could match while we are in labor.  I can NOT wait to be an Aunt to baby Wilson.  It will be so fun that the two cousins will always have a play mate.
Saturday night, Robby and I left for Austin to attend a sorority sister's wedding.  It was really sad saying good-bye to my sissy.  I am so sad I will miss her birth because I'm not suppose to travel that far at the end of my pregnancy.
Robby is going to be such a great Dad!


Lindsay and Shaun's wedding was beautiful!  It was wonderful to catch up with a bunch of my fabulous Tri-Delt friends from college.  That night we drove to Dripping Springs to spend the night and hang out with Robby's family.
The next week, I was in Dallas all week for training for my work, and I went to see one of my dear friends who is actually due with her baby two days before I am!  Babies are starting to pop up everywhere.  Rachel was also in Dallas babysititng, so Thursday evening we had a fun dinner date!  She is going to be such a great Aunt, and I am blessed to have such a wonderful sister-in-law.
Ali is due the 18th and I am due the 20th!
 Friday afternoon, I got to stop by another one of my friend's home and catch up on life- thanks for the encouragement Meagan!  Friday evening, I had a date night to Olive Garden with a bestie (Cara) and enjoyed many laughs!  Robby drove into the metroplex Friday night to celebrate my birthday weekend!  Saturday, we went to a parenting class at Watermark which was awesome!  We talked about the importance of keeping Christ first, your spouse second, and your new baby third- which is apparently super hard to do.  The class equipped us with lots of scripture and practical advice.  Sunday, Robby and I drove up to Denton to see Rachel one last time before the baby comes.  Rachel sewed Adeline an adorable blanket and got her a little Mexican dress from her trip to Cozumel. 
Sunday night, we went out for my birthday to Tim Love's restaurant, the Woodshed in Fort Worth.  It was super tasty!  We had a very fun evening with my mom and Gary.
The band sang 'Happy Birthday' to me!


No comments:

Post a Comment